blog backdrop

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Activity of the week-Musical Washing Lines

Hello, hello its been a little while I must get better at writing blogs but to be honest I have a lack of creative genius sometimes.

Saying that I was going through some of my EYP coursework and came across an idea I thought would be a good activity of the week and that is Musical washing lines.

This activity is suitable for Babies and Toddlers and is another DIY home activity which you can create from things around the house and or their toys.

1. Use some string or washing line cord and attach to something secure, I would suggest draping at the childs height on a fence outside and stapling it to it.

2. Attach some items to the line,  These can be some bells, an old saucepan, a baby rattle, old cutlery(If age approapriate) or anything that jangles.

3. give them a stick or wooden spoon to hit the items with.  I found this photo online and have included it below to give you an idea of what I mean.  This however is a free standing one but as I have said use anything in your own house/garden and improvise.


Image result for musical washing lines for babies
Go on and have a go and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment