blog backdrop

Friday 13 May 2016

Family trip to Fairytale Farm, Oxfordshire


http://www.fairytalefarm.co.uk

 This weekend my parents, one of my brothers and niece came to visit me and we decided to go on a little family trip to Fairytale Farm near Chipping Nortan. Hubby decided that he would rather go and see his beloved Wycombe Wanderers play against Oxford United instead!! Bet he regrets that now after the 3-0 loss😢😢

My niece loves going to farms but is only two and has a very short attention span as most of my readers can appreciate so I had been told its perfect to visit for a few hours. My friend who's a childminder in Oxfordshire had told me it wasn't fantastic as a family attraction but little ones like it and good for a couple of hours.  This would also be a good opportunity to research places for small children to go for my blog.

So we set off for some family time.

My opinion/thoughts?
When we got inside my initial opinion was the place looked abit tired and run down and it wasn't clear where the animals were.  As you walk in there is a sandpit which in typical child form she was straight in there and that seemed reasonably clean.  There also was a play area with a decent amount of toys for babies and small children near the café/seated area which I think is good as a respite place for adults as the children can play whilst you can have a coffee/something to eat.


Favourite parts by my niece?
She loved the stupid music part in the sensory garden where she got to shake a maraca.  Typically she kept pressing the button not sure if this was to see her Auntie and Grandma do some stupid dancing or because she liked it.
She also liked the adventure playground area which had a few suitable things for her age including a wooden castle with a slide and a tractor to sit in.


What is there to do?
Sensory garden 
playground area
petting area
farm animals
mice house
rubber duck water race


How much???
Free for under threes, £5.50 per adult, £5.20 3-16 yrs

Value for money??
Suppose it is I don't think they charge more than the place is worth and my niece seemed to enjoy herself.

What did I enjoy?
Racing rubber ducks along the water funnel with my dad and brother! My dad lost claiming his one was malfunctioned, yeah right dad!

Facilities/place to eat?
If I'm honest the Toliet facilities are not great and I would not want to change a small child in there. There is a cafe that does some cold and hot food and very reasonable price wise. To feed four adults and a drink each was only £14.95. I had lasagne and salad which was okay but can't complain.

Would I visit again?
Probably not in the meantime but they were adding in new sections to the farm so maybe one day in the future. I think my friend was right in what she said it's not the best family attraction but ideal to waste a few hours.

Heres a photo of me and my gorgeous niece.  not the best photo if I'm honest but enjoying some quality auntie and niece time.



Have you visited fairytale farm? What did you think?






No comments:

Post a Comment