blog backdrop

Sunday 4 September 2016

My Family Visit to Bristol Balloon Fiesta, Ashton Court Bristol

Every August the Bristol Balloon Fiesta is held at Ashton Court Estate in Bristol.  I studied at the University of West Of England 05-08 but due to being in August and out of uni term I never attended the Fiesta although it is world famous.  Different balloons, shapes and sizes take off together over three days at dawn and dusk.  They also have a fun fair and events throughout the days of the fiesta.


Me and my aunt, cousins, cousin in law and their children braved the early start we arrived at the car park at 5.15am on a sunday morning!!! Absolulty crazy but coffee helped along with the amazing breakfast bagettes my cousin made us. 

My cousins little ones are 5 and 14 months and they were on such good form.  C ran around with his mums and my I phones taking photos that I seem to have the same one five times.  Little H is not as mobile so sat gazing at all the balloons whilst enjoying stuffing food in his mouth so was very easily pleased.


 Lovely couple of hours had by all and very popular as a lot of people there and best of all its completely free to access the grounds.  There is free parking but is abit of a walk.  We paid for nearer parking which is expensive but relative if you have a car full of people or children.

No comments:

Post a Comment