blog backdrop

Monday 30 January 2017

Baby shower ideas


Are you planning a baby shower? Do you have any idea how to do one?
I have been to two in the last few months very different and luckily the first was the one I didn't have to plan so gave me some ideas as I was disorganised with getting stuff sorted. Luckily I had a fab co host Olivia who I know after hen nights and a wedding of my bestie who also wanted to do one for her so we teamed up.


The first one was at my friends mums house who had alongside her best friend layed on a fantastic spread of food and games. The cake was handmade and amazing!! The guess the baby photo and baby charade games were very funny.

For my besties shower me and Olivia both wanted a venue where the food was provided and she knew of a fab venue called Brownsover country house and hotel which is in Rugby, Warwickshire which is where my best friend lives. We had a private room and an afternoon tea which was amazing. Add a few decorations and presents and a few games job done!  I think it was less stressful as we didn't have to sort out the food.


Game ideas
Sniff the nappy-should of made harder smells
Guess the baby photo
Measure the bump
Design a baby grow/bib

Sweet favours
I bought some little sweet boxes from Hobbycraft and filled them with a random mix of sweets and made little labels for the boxes that I printed off.

Cake
There are so many amazing cakes you can have made but if you are on a budget and are not capable of making one just buy a cake and add things to it.  Olivia bought ours from Sainsburys and added a cake topper.  Photo of the cake below.



Decorations
You can go as crazy as you want to but most party shops will sell baby shower balloons, banners and decorations.  Also amazon and ebay do a good selection cheap.  I did not order anything from this website as they were more expensive but I loved https://babyshowerhost.co.uk/ as they did so many different themes. 

Reccomendations for ideas-Look on Pinterest!!

Hope you liked this blog and its taken me 3 months or so to write it as Baby girl is now here born on November 26th and she is so gorgeous.  I'm going to another baby shower in a few weeks so be good to pick up some more tips if ever I have to throw another one.



No comments:

Post a Comment