blog backdrop

Friday 26 February 2016

Lets get prepared for Mothers Day (Sunday 6th March)

To all of those of you thinking Mothers Day is not for a week on Sunday I'm putting up this post now to allow some time to put some thought into what we can do for our Mummy's/Grandmothers/mother figures in our lives this year. 

Recently another close friend gave birth on valentines day to a baby girl (she's absolutely stunning) and it does seem that as I approach the big 30 this year its starting to dawn on me how many of my friends are now becoming mummy's.  This being said I feel in absolutely no rush to join the club and would happily still just spend working hours with the small people.

This mothers day I have decided to go and surprise my mummy as I never spend it with her and do not get to spend as much time with her as I would like. I know it sounds like a way just to suck up but my mother really is one of my best friends.  I often tell my charges when they tell me their mum is embarrassing that you will appreciate her so much more when you become an adult and this is definitely the case with me.  She's always been there for me and still provides much needed support to me even though I am 29 (who says we have to have it all figured out) and I honestly wouldn't know what I would do without her.

With this all in mind I thought I would share some mothers day themed ideas with everybody.

Homemade cards
I often say that I think homemade cards/pictures from children are the best! all you need to do is get some paint from a craft cupboard (most people with children seem to have one of these) and some card.  Splodge some paint over a foot or a hand and do some prints on the card.  When dry add some glitter and writing (written by adult if small people are not at that stage) and hey presto that's it.
Older children often have their own ideas so encourage them with this as many parents will appreciate this a lot more.

Gift ideas
  1. Personalised gifts
Check Unique Creations in Summertown if you are local to Oxfordshire as I personally recommend this for unique ceramic gifts for mothers day.  A range of gifts from plates to photo frames can be customised by your little ones artistic flair!  In general from the day of visit they can take up to seven days to have your gift ready so bare this in mind.  There are lots of shops like this all over the uk so have a search for one near you!


2.Afternoon Tea/Meal out with the family

Myself and my brothers every march have the unfortunate task of coming up with two gift ideas as my mothers birthday is the 16th of March! I think one year it fell on the same day!
I have bought her an afternoon tea in The Sheraton hotel in Edinburgh for when we go on our girlie trip in April and it was very reasonably priced thanks to www.afternoontea.co.uk .
I recommend this website for different price options and for a wide variety of venues all over the country.

3. Adult colouring books

There seems to be a craze for adult colouring right now and although I'm not personally into it as I have spent a lot of working hours colouring (that's what childcare professionals do after all isn't it?)so its a good me time activity.
My mother is one of these people so I have combined two loves here and bought her a "Sherlock" one as she loves Benedict Cumberbatch.  I haven't checked with my brothers so I am hoping nobody else has had the same idea.

4.Flowers


Traditional but a respectable gift and a fall back option when the Dad forgets!!!!

5.Pinterest

Check out my Mothers day Pin board for more ideas!!

Send me your mothers day card pics/gift ideas at @nannybicester
www.twitter.com/@nannybicester


No comments:

Post a Comment