blog backdrop

Monday 29 February 2016

Simple pizza to make with children



Yesterday I decided to make pizza for my husband. This was the first time I had ever made it for him. Through my own emissions  I am not a cook and do not really do much cooking at home. This often gets mistaken for me not being able to cook which I can do if I have to.   I am lucky at work that I'm not expected to produce gourmet cuisine, thank God!

 One of my charges publically  said the other day she is not keen on pizza any more but love is mine. That is a compliment in a half. So I'm going to share with you my basic pizza recipe.

To make the dough
300g strong bread flour
1 tsp salt
1tsp dried yeast
1tbsp olive oil

Once ingredients  are all measured out mix the flour salt and yeast into a bowl.  Next add the Olive Oil and give it a good mix around till you form a dough which is moist not sticky.  On a well floured clean flat surface knead your dough in a ball shape for about five minutes.
Cover over with a tea towel if you would like your dough to rise more for a thicker based pizza and leave half an hour to forty minutes.  For thin bases this rising period is not essential!

Tomato sauce(for the base)

1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 squirt of tomato ketchup
Sprinkle of mixed herbs
Some pepper
Basil-dried or fresh and amount your choice
1 clove of garlic crushed
2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar

Once garlic has been in pan for a min with a dash of olive oil.  Through in the chopped tomatoes first then gradually add in all the other ingredients and leave to simmer or 5 min on a low heat.

Prepare toppings of choice
For this pizza I used the following:
Lactofree cheese
Pepperoni
Salami
Red pepper
Cherry tomatoes

Constructing the pizza
Turn on oven and preheat at 200
Next rollout your dough and place onto a oven tray which should be well floured.
Cover in your tomato sauce evenly spread all over the base.
Cheese next and should cover the base well.
Then put on toppings.

Finally place in for oven for 15-20 min for thin base.  30-40 mins for thicker base.

That's it enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment