blog backdrop

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Pancake Day (Copied from previous blog)

Pancake Day 2016
Not being the worlds greatest cook (I know and I'm a nanny!)I thought I would do some trial
run batter mix at the weekend for the big day.
I am pleased to report that a simple recipe I found online went down really well with my
husband.  I even made his with lactose free milk as he has intorence to dairy and lactose!
Now I take that as a compliment as he is an amazing cook and does all our cooking at home.
So for our third pancake day today I was well prepared to make them with my charges and
thought how hard can this be? Clearly very hard �
Now at 7 and 10 years old  there is less worry about the small ones entering the kitchen and
they love to do cooking.
They caused chaos from not keeping an eye on their pancakes and generally yelling at me
when they overcooked them slightly. I always say the fun is in the process and they ate
them so good result in the end I think?
That's the fun working with children isn't it? Does it actually matter if it's perfect but they
enjoyed doing it?
Happy Pancake Day


No comments:

Post a Comment