blog backdrop

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Activity of the week-Making play dough

To start this new weekly activity section on my blog I thought I would start with play dough. Such a timeless childrens activity but who says you have to buy it? I do understand this option is easier and hassle free but if you take the time to make it you can make it more exciting and add different scents as well which is great for sensory play.


It's been a while since I've made it myself so here goes...

Ingredients/equipment;
4 cups of flour
Large mixing bowl
Preference on scent for example lavender or vanilla essence
Glitter?
Food colouring
1 cup of water
1-2 cups of salt
2-4 tablespoons of cooking oil

Method;

1.pour water and food colouring into mixing bowl
2.add salt and flour to bowl and scent and give gentle mix
3.add oil and glitter(as much as you want)
4. Mix together till mixture forms a soft dough by kneading
5. Ready to use or separate into small balls to store in sandwich bags or airtight container


have fun and as you can see it doesn't take long!!!

Nanny Bicesterx




No comments:

Post a Comment