blog backdrop

Saturday 2 April 2016

New places I have visited and the Easter hoildays

Its been a while since Ive written a proper blog post so on a sunny Saturday afternoon whilst the hubby attends a football match I thought I would write about what I have been getting upto with the charges over the last couple of weeks.

Leys Leisure Pool in Blackbird Leys, Oxford was a new pool experience to try for me and the youngest a couple of weeks ago.  We decided to try here as we knew they had the main pool and two smaller pools for children which gives more options for the youngest charge to choose what they want to do. I would defiantly recommend a visit here as the splash pool is perfect for babies and toddlers to be in the water and move around independently.  The receptionist only charged us £4.50 as she said that adults don't really get to swim properly, what a bargain to go swimming.  I would mention that you should ring ahead after the live timetable was slightly misleading and didn't inform us of the school swim session in the main pool so we were unable to have access to it for a short time.  To access the website click on the link below.

http://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/Leys_Pools_And_Leisure_Centre

Easter egg hunt-  Now the original plan was to do a separate blog post on this however despite going well I don't really have a whole blogs worth of material to be honest and no photos so thought I would do a short mention here.  Both children were thoroughly involved from the buying of the chocolate to writing the clues to setting them out for their sibling.  We had only one hiccup when the youngest missed a clue and decided to follow the little eggs set along the floor and go off course.  Of course the intention was harmless but I think "end of term" tiredness of the other child turned it into a bigger deal.  Nerveless both children enjoyed the activity.

Ice skating at Oxford Ice Rink-  This week me and the eldest child tried a new activity together and went ice skating.  For three years I have avoided this as I am not able to skate well and spend the whole time glued to the side.  Also my sense of balance is not good so I never thought I would be able to support them skating when they were little.  So I was right to have apprehension as typically I fell over spectacularly on my bottom much to the disappointment of the child who missed it!!!They typically were good and were whizzing around the middle in no time.
http://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/Oxford_Ice_Rink

Branca and Eddie the Eagle-  This week we were lucky to have a paid lunch out at Branca in Jericho which does yummy food and drinks.  I was really impressed with how the staff were with the children and made it a really friendly family place to enjoy a meal.  The youngest wanted a ginger ale so the barman offered to make him a virgin mojito with it.  He loved this as it made him feel grown up and looked like a little old man sat on his barstool with a drink.  The eldest meanwhile was gossiping with her friend who had joined us.  The children's menu had a good selection and I felt reasonably priced for good portions.  The children were given some fresh bread as soon as we sat down to eat and at the end a lolly so they were all pleased!!
We then went on to The Phoenix picture house over the road to watch Eddie the Eagle.  This film is so good and family friendly.  It is rated PG so be aware of a couple of bad words but really fun to go see with kids who are abit older.  The eldest said she found the film inspiring which I think is good as it encourages you not to give up on your dreams even if they are slightly crazy!!

Branca website-http://www.branca.co.uk/
Phoneix Picture House-https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Phoenix_Picturehouse

All in all I think the holidays are treating us well so far and some nice sunshine and longer daylight hours which is a plus so lots of trips to the park as well.

If you have any questions about anything I have written about in my blog do not hesitate to contact me.

Nanny Bicesterx

No comments:

Post a Comment